Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wind of His Spirit

Recently I was sitting in my car in a large parking lot when I noticed a small vortex about twenty feet tall.

 It picked up a trail of yellow, red, orange, and gold leaves as it twirled and whirled along its way.

 There it was in all its brilliant glory--for one small moment in time--myriad colors spiraling in the noonday sunlight--my breath came sharp.

And almost as soon as it had come, it was gone.

I couldn't help but wonder if I had been the only who witnessed this magnificent display.

And if I was, why?  Was there a meaning?  Was God speaking to me through this autumnal swirl?

If nothing else it gave me cause to sit in silence, to ponder the workings of the universe, to realize that no man is an island unto himself and to know this:


When we move with the wind of the Holy Spirit letting it gather each of us in a gust of glorious unison, the world will watch in awe as they long to breathe the pure oxygen of this Triune Iron Lung--the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

© all photographs, art and text property of Elizabeth Dianne unless otherwise noted