Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Favorite Verse


When--I absolutely have no clue when I first read the scripture that I'm sharing with you today or when it first penetrated my heart and mind like a lightning bolt.

But it must have been when I was feeling really "closed in."

Physically, I am not fond of very tight or closed in places but I can cope with them.  Well, I coped but not really well with the first "closed in" MRI I ever had.

I remember a sinking feeling in my gut, not exactly a claustrophobic feeling but something that might resemble it.

Enough of the MRI thingie--

No, I am talking spiritually "closed in."  --when everything seems bleak, when there is no light at the end of the tunnel--the kind of darkness that can seemingly go on for months on end.

That is when this verse jumped off the pages of the Bible at me and I knew I had been rescued.

Ever since that day--I would guess 20 or so years ago--I can't read this verse without feeling the same kind of joy and freedom all over again.



He brought me out into a spacious place; 
he rescued me because He delighted in me.
Psalm 18:19




© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015

Photos in this post by Canva


I would love to hear from you.
My email address can be found in the contact information at the top left of this page.