Monday, December 7, 2020

Born Thy People To Deliver

ADVENT-DAY 9
BORN THY PEOPLE TO DELIVER


"Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest."

I love that verse from Psalm 55:6.

I think all of us at times want to be delivered from our present situation and God has made provision for just that very thing.  Maybe not the actual reality of them but for sure from the stress they create.

But it is not the day to day cares of this life that are the main thing. The Bible says this life is a vapor.  Think about it.  Here one second, gone the next.

He sent his Son, Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Deliverer to free us from our guilt, our sin, and an eternity apart from His presence.

When I really stop and think about a heavenless eternity, it is the absolute vacuum of His presence that sends my mind to a place that is unthinkable.  I bring myself back to reality quickly because it is a thought I don't want to think about.

However, even though we may be sure of our own salvation, thoughts of a Godless eternity should drive us to our knees in prayer and intercession for others and in thanksgiving for ourselves--that He has called us and we have heeded.  

After all, it is He Who pursues us.

I am praying that you, my precious reader, will fly away with the Spirit today.  Let Him catch you in His updraft of comfort, love and reassurance.  Let Him deliver you.

Forget the cares of this world and be at rest.

He was born to deliver us.

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2020





I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed in the top right hand column.