Friday, December 4, 2020

Hope Of All the Earth Thou Art

Decrmber 4
HOPE OF ALL THE EARTH THOU ART

have to admit when I started studying and researching for this post, I had no idea what all the ramifications would be. I was totally overwhelmed. 

 Verses were brought to my attention that I had read before but had not made a huge impression on me. Suffice it to say that there is no way I can cover this topic in one day.

So, I would encourage you once again to do your own research on this line from the Charles Wesley hymn, Come Thou Long Expected Jesus.

When I first read the hymn and decided to feature it for Advent, I thought, "He really covered a multitude of information about our God come in the form of Baby Jesus.

Until I started studying each line, I had no clue the magnitude of these lyrics.

A few years ago, I was inspired by another blogger to memorize Psalm 19.  If you want to know about the earth and how God feels about it and why He created it, this is an incredible Psalm to meditate on.

I would encourage you to do the same today.  Try to take in the extremes of His creation and then read that each star He created has a name.  Psalm 147:4

He truly is the Lord of All.  Won't you let Him be the Lord of All of your life today.

I am going to spend some time paying especially close attention to the sky and clouds, the mountains and trees, the moon and the stars, the vegetation and the birds of the air.  I am going to analyze how they speak to the whole Earth about our God.  

And still, I will have only barely skimmed the tip of the iceberg of His creation.  He is Lord of it all!

To sum up in a nutshell what made the biggest impression on me was this:

In the extremes of God's covenant with the Earth and all its creatures and creations is a picture in the natural of the covenant He has made with all mankind in the spiritual.  

Won't you choose to participate in this covenant today.  A covenant is a relationship!

He wants a relationship with you!


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2022