Sunday, December 6, 2020

Joy of Every Longing Heart


What does your longing heart desire today? 

This is what mine desires--to be in God's presence and intimately aware of our close relationship all day long.  I want my heart to break for what breaks His.  I want to rejoice when He rejoices.  I want to grieve over sin that He cannot look upon.  I want to celebrate Him each and every day.

Think about a time in your life when you have longed greatly for something.  Was it a spouse?  A new article of clothing you had fallen in love with?  A job that seemed to fulfill every facet of yourself.

You name it!

I remember one year some time ago.  My Christmas-loving single 25 year old son and I had just trimmed our Christmas tree--older two sons were already out of the house and on their on, hubby had crashed from a long day at work, youngest son and I turned out the lights and were looking at the beauty and majesty of our tree.

It wasn't long before I noticed a far-off look in my son's eyes--one of hope and longing.  The mother in me had to ask about 'the look.'

He, very simply,  succinctly, wistfully, longingly and heartfelt said, "Oh, I am just wishing for the day that I will have my own home and my own family to celebrate with."

The longing was palpable.

That is how I want to desire God and His presence.

I can just imagine that the church above is filled with longing hearts--those who dared leave their warm, cozy home to gather with like-hearted ones.  Sometimes we just need to be with others to celebrate and satiate our longings.

The result of this pandemic has caused lots of loneliness, distress, and discouragement.  Not even to mention tremendous grief for those who have lost loved ones and have suffered the ill-effects of this dreaded virus.

My son (discussed above) and his wife have both recently had Covid and are having to deal with the after-effects of that.  Thank God none of their three children got it.

I hope that wherever you are today that you are well and happy.  I pray God's peace and protection over you.  I pray that you will be filled with unspeakable joy.

Let God fill your longing heart with joy.

He is sufficient.


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2020






I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed in top right hand column.