Thursday, December 17, 2020

What I Wish For You This Christmas



First of all I wish that every one who reads this post today belongs to Jesus and has made Him the Lord and King of your life. 

 * I wish for you--PEACE--that no matter the upheaval in your life today that you might be able to be at rest in your mind, your soul, your spirt and ultimately your emotions and actions.  Peace that the world cannot understand.

 * I wish for you--FAMILY--Most of us won't have every member of our family present but I pray that you have at least one more person to spend Christmas with--it may be a friend who feels more like family than family--that is good. I don't want you to be alone at Christmastime and I pray you have fellowship that will keep hugging you all through January.

 * I wish for you--FOOD--Ours will be very simple this year and it won't be on Christmas Day or Christmas Eve. It will be when we all can get together and that will be December 27 but it will be Christmas to me. I am going to fix a simple taco bar. Getting older is not for the faint of heart. I really miss having the strength and stamina to 'pull off' a massive Christmas dinner. But, I just can't do it anymore. So, I will make the most of what I can do.

 * I wish for you--JOY and HAPPINESS--something or someone to make you 'belly laugh.' Laughter does good like a medicine the Bible says and I truly believe that. I have one friend that we can just look at each other and die laughing. The simplest statements either one of us makes can send us into regales of laughter. The deep down JOY I wish for you can only come from God I believe. So I am asking God to give each of my readers true joy and happiness this Christmas.

 * I wish for you FREEDOM--freedom from oppression of any kind--whether governmental, political, familial, from the enemy's strongholds against us.  Freedom from drugs, alcohol, any kind of ungodly addictions--God is in the 'freeing' business.  Go out on a limb--ask Him for the impossible and then stand back in obedience to Him and watch Him work!

  * I wish for you PROTECTION--Praying that your guardian angel protects you and keeps you from all harm especially from COVID.  Be safe and protected.