Decorative Clothes Hangers


My mother-in-law had this old decorative clothes hanger for at least 30 years before I inherited it when she died 20 years ago.

 I've always loved it but didn't know just quite what to do with it.

 Recently, I noticed that Alisa Burke used clothes hangers to display lots of her artwork.



And when you are an artist, or an aspiring one, it can be quite expensive to frame everything you paint or make.

When I saw this post of hers, I knew immediately how I was going to hang a canvas that had been laying in my art studio far too long.

I unscrewed the metal hanger part which took about two seconds, and voila, had this most gorgeous hanger for my canvas.

A couple of staples and the job was done.



Well, almost--I've yet to press it and cut the little frayed threads off but that won't take long.  I should have done it tonight but got a "bug on" to get a post up about this.

You know how we bloggers can be.

Also the colors are not nearly this harsh--was shooting in artificial light.  I will probably retake these in more natural light as soon as we have some sunshine.  It has been days now and I couldn't wait any longer to shoot.

The canvas is based on Psalm 150.




Psalm 150

Praise the Lord.

Praise God in his sanctuary;

Praise him in his mighty heavens.

Praise him for his acts of power;

Praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,

Praise him with the harp and lyre,

Praise him with timbrel and dancing,

Praise him with the strings and pipe,

Praise him with the clash of cymbals,

Praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord.





Another page turned,
Dianne

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted






Wow Us Wednesdays
StudioJRU

Comments

elizabeth said…
This is so beautiful, Dianne!
Debbie said…
My MIL had some of those in her closet. You have me looking at them in a whole new way. I really love that.
Anita Johnson said…
You know I love this...the hanger is the icing on the cake! Beautiful!
Sandy said…
What a fabulous idea! Looks so pretty and unusual at the same time. I really like it with your wonderful calligraphy. I see you linked up to a favorite blog of mine, Savvy Southern Style. You should get a lot of views from there and I hope you do. People need to see how talented you are.
Love you~
Patty Sumner said…
Wow Dianne! Did you do the canvas? It is beautiful..I love the idea to hang it with the hanger...now back to..Did you do this canvas..is so, girl, you are blessed with some great skills...You need to do a post on how you did this...I love it! Blessings!
That canvas is amazing, and I love the idea of using the wooden hangers. Gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing with us this week, Dianne. It's a blessing to have you join us and I hope you will be back soon!
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
Christina said…
I've been excited about Alisa Burke's hanger idea too! I love your take on it. And oh, my. That Psalm has long been one of my favorites, and your interpretation of it is so breathtakingly beautiful. I want one just like it.
Lisa Lynn said…
What a great idea! Love how it turned out! Found you on A Favorite Thing and I would love to have you share this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop today!
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-5.html
Claudia said…
The hanger is gorgeous and the addition of your canvas makes for a stunning display.

Thanks so much for joining in this week!

xo
Claudia
What a creative way to display loose art. I wonder if it would work with needlework, a thought. Beautiful display.
Joy
wow... this is so beautiful! a wonderful psalm for inspiration and a gorgeous representation of it. and such a fun and fantastic idea to hang it! so happy you joined us 'in the studio' this week to share! :)
Julie said…
Dianne - that is so beautiful. You are an amazing artist. J
Maru said…
Beautiful, should make a business of it and sell Hangers wholesale, not because I think I have seen anything like it on the market

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

Oh the Glory of Your Presence