His Pages



Recently after several years of struggle, I finally decided to change the name of my blog.

I realized when I started trying to explain this that it would be much easier on you and me if I just made a simple explanation.

So here it is--I changed my mind--nevermind what all went in to that decision.

But maybe a little explanation is in order for the reason I chose "The Pages of My Life."

One of the most obvious reasons is that a blog is really a journal or a web log.  We get the name "blog" from the last four letters of that term.  And I wanted to keep a journal -- of sorts.





But the real reason is in the picture below.  His pages are the pages of my life.


 

In fact they are pages of life period--whether I accept them or not.




There is no true life apart from them.




So it is my privilege and joy to acknowledge God's Word through the name of my blog.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who are interested, I've included a couple of pictures in the sidebar under Pages, Counting my Blessings--some of our precious guys (Renewal Ranch)and the sister of one who just graduated--oh, and me too!
What precious times we have on Saturdays.  Wouldn't take anything for our Saturdays!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Concerning Photography 

One more thing--recently I lost everything on my hard drive (at the Apple Store)--I normally love the Apple store and the guy who helped us was the sweetest thing ever--However, I think he might have been rather new. 

He did warn me there was a slight chance that we could lose some information.   
I lost everything--all the pictures I have taken for the last few years, everything I had designed for Renewal Ranch--you name it--I lost it--except the pictures I had posted to this blog and the ones to my Facebook account.
If you do not have your pictures backed up, back them up NOW-- 
We have an external hard drive on our desk computer but do not have one on my laptop. 
Anyway, I have been having photography sessions every day trying to replace some of my IPhoto library. 
Today I dropped my camera and broke my favorite lens.  Believe it or not, I think the camera itself is in tact but my lens.  Boo hoo. 
And on top of that, I cannot find any of my other lenses.  Don't have a clue what I have done with them.  Think I may have loaned them to a college-aged granddaughter.  Am checking on that! 
So it is back to the IPhone and IPad for pictures.  I will have to figure out a way to make them interesting and pretty.  What a challenge I have ahead of me!
Still grateful as I turn,

Dianne 







© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

Comments

HisFireFly said…
Love the new space, the name, Him, you...
elizabeth said…
I love the name of your blog and the reason behind it! I am so, so sorry for the loss of your photos and a broken lens. So frustrating and heartbreaking!
Sandy said…
I love all the newness of your blog. I liked the old name but do think I like this one better. There is a sweet serenity and softness to your new look here and I find that calming. I don't really care for a busy blog that takes my mind away from what the writer has to say. As for your photography, the pictures are always beautiful and top quality. I'm sorry to hear about the broken lens. I know nothing about photography and cameras but I imagine a lens is very expensive so here's to praying the Lord supplies a way for a new lens.
Love you~
Debbie Petras said…
Dianne, I think that's a wonderful reason to change the name of your blog. I am shocked to learn that you lost all of your photos. I have been concerned about that for myself too. I've been now uploading them to Picasa so if anything happened I hope I could recover them there. You are an amazing photographer. Even the photos on this post are so beautiful!

Blessings and love,
Debbie
Barb said…
I knew the reason for the change as soon as I saw the new title. It (fits)...and so perfectly.
So sorry you lost everything.
I have experienced that so know how horrible it is.
take care. Love you much.
Debbie said…
I'm taking a rare break while my grout dries and sipping some coffee and enjoying blogs. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that you have given yourself a new name. You rebel you.

I don't have a bit of advice from the previous post about mentoring that the good ladies there haven't mentioned already.

I will just say that if you focus your relationship on Him and Him alone, He will guide the way you should go. A favorite older lady I knew used to say that we should teach those in our sphere of influence by example and confession and show that the most important thing is to live every day as if Christ's death on that cross really mattered... because it did and does.

And I'm sorry about the camera and pictures! I wonder how God is working this into your mentor relationship with a professional photographer. Hmm...

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.