Sunday, February 17, 2013

His Pages



Recently after several years of struggle, I finally decided to change the name of my blog.

I realized when I started trying to explain this that it would be much easier on you and me if I just made a simple explanation.

So here it is--I changed my mind--nevermind what all went in to that decision.

But maybe a little explanation is in order for the reason I chose "The Pages of My Life."

One of the most obvious reasons is that a blog is really a journal or a web log.  We get the name "blog" from the last four letters of that term.  And I wanted to keep a journal -- of sorts.





But the real reason is in the picture below.  His pages are the pages of my life.


 

In fact they are pages of life period--whether I accept them or not.




There is no true life apart from them.




So it is my privilege and joy to acknowledge God's Word through the name of my blog.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who are interested, I've included a couple of pictures in the sidebar under Pages, Counting my Blessings--some of our precious guys (Renewal Ranch)and the sister of one who just graduated--oh, and me too!
What precious times we have on Saturdays.  Wouldn't take anything for our Saturdays!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Concerning Photography 

One more thing--recently I lost everything on my hard drive (at the Apple Store)--I normally love the Apple store and the guy who helped us was the sweetest thing ever--However, I think he might have been rather new. 

He did warn me there was a slight chance that we could lose some information.   
I lost everything--all the pictures I have taken for the last few years, everything I had designed for Renewal Ranch--you name it--I lost it--except the pictures I had posted to this blog and the ones to my Facebook account.
If you do not have your pictures backed up, back them up NOW-- 
We have an external hard drive on our desk computer but do not have one on my laptop. 
Anyway, I have been having photography sessions every day trying to replace some of my IPhoto library. 
Today I dropped my camera and broke my favorite lens.  Believe it or not, I think the camera itself is in tact but my lens.  Boo hoo. 
And on top of that, I cannot find any of my other lenses.  Don't have a clue what I have done with them.  Think I may have loaned them to a college-aged granddaughter.  Am checking on that! 
So it is back to the IPhone and IPad for pictures.  I will have to figure out a way to make them interesting and pretty.  What a challenge I have ahead of me!
Still grateful as I turn,

Dianne 







© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted