Friday, November 15, 2013

Power Supply



This morning as I was having my devotions, I found it hard to concentrate on God's Word.

 My mind kept going to a couple of nagging situations--me wondering how to handle them--them taking my mind off God's Word.

 I struggled with this but finally got through my regular reading of five psalms a day and the reading for She Reads Truth.

I always get something from God's Word even if it is one of those days when I am struggling.

After all, Hebrews 4:12 says that his Word is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword. 

God always knows just what we need though. After reading those selections, I picked Jesus Calling for November 15 and this is an excerpt from today's reading.


"Approach problems with a light touch. When your mind moves toward a problem area, you tend to focus on that situation so intensely that you lose sight of me.
You pit yourself against the difficulty as if you had to conquer it immediately.  Your mind gears up for battle, and your body becomes tense and anxious.  Unless you achieve total victory, you feel defeated."  Jesus Calling, Sarah Young 

We have such an incredible power supply.  Thank you, Lord, for ALWAYS responding when we are trying to seek You with our whole hearts.


© all photographs, art and text property of Elizabeth Dianne unless otherwise noted