Monday, November 11, 2013

Many Many Tears For Me Today


Our Muhly grass is going nuts.

I couldn't decide which picture to post so I will bore you with all of them.




It does seem redundant to keep posting almost the exact same picture.

Please forgive me but there was just a mood or something about the one above that made me put it on here and leave it.



And this is kinda a boring pic but just couldn't hurt the little Dianthus' feelings and not show it.





And this one---it almost looks like a doily or lace, doesn't it.  God's creations are really just so magnificent.




And the dogwood--well, I should have taken the picture about two days ago--that was when it was showing off the most.  But you know how you ignore your kids sometimes when they're showing off--guess that's what I did.  I know, I know, I really regret it now.




And I love my little flag that says, "Praise God from Whom all blessings flow."  Yes, they do, amen!





Our first big cold front of the season is coming in tonight.  When I went out to take these pictures today it was around 70 degrees.  Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 47 with real feel of 37.  I will be driving to Conway to Renewal Ranch.  We had part of our class outside last week.  Well, we won't be doing that tomorrow, I'm pretty sure.


Another view of the side of our front yard.


Back in the post a ways, I spoke of the magnificent, wondrous creations of our God. Speaking of that, I wanted to share this little tad of news about my class at Renewal Ranch last week.

This is what I posted on Facebook last Wednesday.

"Great time at the Ranch today--16 men and I walked the grounds, ascribing to God in loud voices 365 different names or attributes He is--from far and near I heard one voice and then another as these mighty names flowed forth--Precious cornerstone, Coming Again, Morning Star, Rose of Sharon, Holy One of Israel, Fragrance, El Shaddai, and 358 more……………..

If you haven't praised Him yet today, I pray that you will.  He is all deserving.  I know that some of you may be going through very hard times.  This is when we offer a sacrifice of praise.

My heart is really heavy today.

This was my post tonight on Facebook:

This precious man, Mikal Hunt, one of my former students, passed away today. Please say a prayer for his family and also for me--my heart is so very heavy and sad at his passing.

When he was in 7th grade, he ate lunch with me on numerous days. I would be in my room working/eating and he would come and we would discuss the deepest issues of life. He always wanted to talk about God. He was such a deep thinker, very caring and loving and thoughtful for such a young kid. 
When it came time for me to retire, he planned (with help from the awesome Marilyn Cullum I think) a retirement party for me with all the 7th graders--at least the ones in our "family." He also sang to me that day--You're Still You by Josh Groban. 
When we studied about the Holocaust and all the Jewish people endured, we made butterflies in remembrance of them. We hung the butterflies (each of them represented a real child) on the walls and at the end of our 6 week study, he framed his and gave it to me. 
When we read the book, The Hiding Place, and then watched the movie, at the end he came up to me, put his arms around my neck, his head on my shoulder and sobbed like a baby.

I had moved to Little Rock several years before he graduated from high school but we had a deal that I would be at his graduation. I was. 
He will always have a very special place in my heart. I loved you so much, dear Mikal.

Here is the song he sang to me--sung by Josh Groban--





Yes, I cried more than a few tears today.


©  2008-2013 all photographs, art and text property of Elizabeth Dianne unless otherwise noted