Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Holiday Nostalgia




I love Christmas decorations. Today as I placed a berry wreath on the back door and went over to take a picture of it, I noticed that my reflection was in the glass.

 I thought that might make an interesting "selfie," as they call pictures people take of themselves with the main purpose of sharing them on the internet.

 After I looked at it--I liked it--mostly because the reflection of the glass hides lots of wrinkles and double chins--smile. I also liked that the composite of the face looking into the distance with an antique-like look, the white door and the in-your-face red berries is such a contrast.

I couldn't help but get nostalgic just looking at it--the picture of me getting older, all of the memories stored in that one head--the memories of good Christmases, of ones that weren't so good, of Christmases spent with loved ones who are no longer with us--of children and grandchildren who are now grown--well, I am a big old softie I guess-but it really made me nostalgic.

I hope you make many wonderful memories this holiday season.  Memories that will make other holidays painful--painful because it hurts so bad but feels so good to remember.

On this earth, today is all we have.  We are not promised tomorrow.  This holiday season hold all of those you love ever so close.  And take a picture of yourself and share it.  It's fun!

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED