Sunday, October 18, 2015

Praying for the Generations


Praying for our descendants is such a wonderful privilege.  So today I am praying for all of them and for all of my parents' descendants.  Through the day today I will name each of them by name--the ones who have been born--God knows the names of the others yet to come.

I will pray that each one comes to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.  A very intimate relationship with the Creator of the Universe is what I desire for them and what I know God desires for them.  There is a whole chapter about this in John 17.

When I was going through my fall pictures for a photograph to use today, the one above reminded me of our three sons--Jeffrey, Michael, and Christopher.


Since our three have already grown to 15 including our daughters-in-law and our grandson-in-law, it won't be too many more years before our heritage will look like the picture above and our lineage won't fit on one sheet of paper.

Wow!  Praying for a host, a multitude in one prayer is quite an awesome concept.
And yet, Jesus did that also in John 17.
He prayed for everyone of us.
All believers everywhere--I think that includes us!


“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.” Jesus in John 17


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015





I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.