Sunday, October 4, 2015

Praying for the Generations


Wow! It has been almost two months since my surgery. I never dreamed it would take me this long to get back to posting regularly but I hope that is what will happen very, very soon.

 I am especially thinking about the victims' families of the college shooting in Oregon this past week. My heart bleeds for those who lost family members and those who were severely injured whose lives will never be the same.

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  And so it is with heavy heart that I am drawn back to "praying for the generations."

We know only that we have today to pray for them.


For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you,  
and in the day of salvation I helped you." 
I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, 
now is the day of salvation.
2 Corinthians 6:2 



And so it is Father, that we come to you today, while we still have the opportunity, while the generations behind us still have the opportunity to choose YOU and we ask that you would start even TODAY, even this moment, to woo them to You through Your precious Holy Spirit. 
We pray that each one will KNOW that it is your will that ALL come to repentance.  There is room for all at the foot of Your cross. 
And for the ones who have already chosen You, we pray a special blessing.  We pray that they will always stand strong, that their faith in You will be the guiding force of their lives, that they will be ready if they are called upon to be a martyr for you as so many were last week. 
Oh God, may we NEVER be ashamed of the Cross of Jesus Christ.  We know that we cannot do this without You, Father.   We know that our strength comes from You.
We always ask in Jesus' Name--Amen 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015

I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.

The picture above is our granddaughter, Caroline.
Caroline is in her first year of college on basketball scholarship.
She is 6 feet tall--!