Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem


While driving through a neighborhood the other day, I did a double take when I saw these gorgeous flowers spilling over a mailbox and out into the street.

Even though I love this photo, it doesn't begin to do the flowers justice.

What is it they say about Autumn?--the year's last most beautiful smile--something like that--anyway these made me smile and made me drive in a loop to come back so I could stop and take a picture.

Speaking of seasons--I am in a season of transition in my life and I wish I was dealing with it better.  For those of you who don't know--I am 71--albeit in many ways a very young 71 as far as thinking etc.-- and have just come through my second total knee replacement.

That part of my body is healing pretty nicely although total recovery can take up to a year and I am never unaware that I have a big piece of metal and plastic in my leg.

My other adjustments include a bad back and joints trying to deal with advancing arthritis.  To put it mildly, I am just not moving like I used to--life as I've always known it is no more--so now comes the transition and the adjustments and I pray that I grow in God's grace during this time and learn how to deal with "a new normal."

One thing I love and can still do is write although I have let that slide as the motivation and inspiration have taken a back seat to everything else going on.  I am working on that and trying very hard to discipline myself in that area.

Another thing I can do is pray--I can be more faithful than I have ever been to pray for the generations, the nations, the neighbors, my family, my blog readers.  I am also working on disciplining myself in that area also.

The enemy does not like prayer and will do most anything to disrupt our days and our minds to keep us from "our greatest resource."




A couple of weeks ago I made the statement to my sister-in-law that prayer is our greatest resource and she immediately responded with--

"Prayer is our only resource."

And yes, she is so right.

That may initiate some thought on your part but when it's all said and done, 
we have only prayer to rely upon.  Think about it.  When death's dew is on your brow,
or the brow of a loved one, what else do you have?

When unwelcome change comes to your life, oh yes, there are friends and loved ones whose words can soothe BUT what do you have that will really make a difference?

And when I speak of prayer I am speaking about praying to God through Jesus Christ.  The Bible teaches that that is the only way we can approach God.

This may not sound inclusive to some but it really is because Jesus says, "Whosoever will may come."



Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me.  John 14:6

Do I sound "too preachy" today?

God willing, I will have some thoughts on that tomorrow.  

In the meantime---

Please join me in praying for Jerusalem and all of Israel as well as my blog readers in Bangladesh.  One of the sweetest students I ever taught was from Bangladesh and I am thinking especially of him and his family today--
Heavenly Father, 
Our hearts are filled with thoughts and prayers for our brothers and sisters in Israel and Bangladesh--also for those who do not know you and are not members of this great family of God by trusting in your only Son, Jesus Christ. 
Lord, I pray today that You will make Yourself known to them--show Yourself mighty and strong and the answer to every one of their needs. May Your Holy Spirit move upon those nations and cause people in great numbers to turn to you. 
You are the Only Peace any of us will ever truly know.  We pray now for Your Peace.
In Jesus' Name--Amen

© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015

I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.