Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Jesus' Prayer for People Everywhere & Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem


'Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.
 My prayer is not for them alone.
I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.
May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me.
May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."
Portions of Jesus' prayer from John 17

 When I first started this blog, I remember being overcome by the awesome knowledge that people all over the world could access this website and could hear from a lowly, unworthy servant of God this great good news of salvation for the world.

 When I noticed this week that visitors from Australia, Austria, Hong Kong, Romania, Mexico, Ecuador, United Kingdom, Mongolia, Maylasia, Netherlands, India, Canada, the Republic of Korea, Ukraine, Philippines, and most states in America had accessed this blog in the last month, my heart leapt with the knowledge that I have the awesome privilege and responsibility to introduce you to this Jesus, the One who is praying for you at this very moment.

 I am praying for you that Jesus will meet every need that you have.

But what is really powerful and the most important thing is--Jesus is praying for YOU.

 In the prayer above Jesus is praying for believers but then He also prays for those "who will believe."

And dear friend, if you have never met this Jesus, it is YOU He is praying for.

He loves you and wants you to be One with Him, the Father and the body of Christ.

Pray a simple prayer such as this one--


Father God,

I know I am a sinner but I believe that you sent Jesus to die on the cross for my sins.  I turn from my sin in repentance and ask You to cleanse me and make me brand new.  Give me a new heart and wash me with Your blood.  Come into my heart and live inside of me.  Please help me grow in Your love and knowledge day by day and send sincere Christians to come along side of me to help me grow in this walk with You.  Help me lead other to You.

I praise you and thank you in Jesus' Name.  Amen


He wrote no book and yet His words and prayer are intimate on myriad tongues, are counsel everywhere. Therese Lindsey




Don't forget to pray for the Peace of Jerusalem today!


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2015

Portions of this post are from a previous post--


I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.