Wednesday, June 11, 2008

JOHN DEERE WOULD BE MIGHTY PROUD!



Kim's barely two year-old son hauls the trash on his John Deere tractor down to the trash pick-up place. It was absolutely the cutest sight I have ever seen in my whole life.

In Corrie TenBoom's book The Hiding Place, she writes:

"Today I know that memories are the key not to the past, but to the future. I know that the experiences of our lives, when we let God use them, become the mysterious and perfect preparation for the work He will give us to do."

My heart couldn't help but be touched as I watched Kim with her son, making even this small experience of a 2 year old's life such a special moment. He thought he was accomplishing the biggest task in the whole world. When this precious child looks back on his childhood memories, can you imagine the tasks he will feel equipped to do later in life because his mom took the time to make daily chores such special events?! Kim, I saw Jesus in you today. I love you.