Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weekend Worship at Four Winds

Photobucket
There was so much to think about as I roamed around the grounds of this lovely little Four Winds Chapel.

Photobucket

The stained glass window of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane is so appropriate for Lent, and the days leading up to Easter. It also reminded me of the scriptures that tell us of His interceding for us. That is a precious picture to me--that we are in His thoughts night and day and He is EVER interceding for us.


Matt 26

Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane , and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray." He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me."

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."


Rom 8:26-9:1

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

Christ Jesus, who died — more than that, who was raised to life — is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.


Photobucket

Photobucket

As I walked toward the front of the church and looked up I saw the stained glass window displaying the Greek letters of alpha and omega--He truly is the beginning, the end and all that is in between.



"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life."


When I peeked in the side windows, I was reminded of how we see through a glass darkly now but THEN, oh THEN, we will SEE and we will KNOW what He has prepared for us.

Photobucket



1 Cor 13:11-12
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.



Photobucket

Photobucket"


The steeple reminded me that victory is ours through Jesus.



From Romans 8
We are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Dianne

2010-the Year of Longings

I long to be a person of true and sincere intercession.