Sunday, February 21, 2010

Championship

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor. 10:31

Congratulations to our son, Jeff, who is the first year head coach and our grandson, Kendall, and to all the players of the Arkansas Baptist High School basketball team who went undefeated in conference play this year and won the district tournament this past Saturday night. We got a bye the first game, played Jessieville second game--Kendall had 17 points, played Fountain Lake third game--Kendall had 11 points.

Photobucket

Kendall seldom makes eye contact with family or fans before a game and on the rare occasion when he does, his mom and I have a running joke that goes, "Did you see Kendall look up here at me?" And the other will say something like, "No, but I saw him look up here at me!" LOL I guess the camera got his attention because I had no idea he had looked at me when I took this picture--small viewfinder and old eyes! And now I have proof to show his mom that it was really me he was looking at those other times.

Photobucket

Kendall with a warm-up layup.

Photobucket

the district championship trophy--second year in a row--

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ben and Kendall-

Photobucket

Drake, Chris and Dakota--Jeff brought Dakota up from the 9th grade team at the last minute this year and I don't know what we would have done without him. Chris suffered a back injury and just came back to play after having back surgery about four weeks ago.

Way to go guys!