Tuesday, February 2, 2010

designing women

Thought you might like to see some pictures of the charming and romantic Ville Marre, which was featured in the opening of the t.v. show, Designing Women. This supposedly was the house they lived in. This house is located in Little Rock, Arkansas, my beloved city and state. You can read about "the Sugarbaker house" here. And there is a darling picture of the "girls" in Victorian dress. There is also a Designing Women cookbook but I'm not sure if it can be ordered there or not. The show was set in Atlanta, Georgia and the music playing was the theme song for the fourth season.

Tomorrow I will post some pictures of our gorgeous state capitol. I think you will enjoy seeing how much it is like our nation's capitol.

I don't know why they didn't know I was coming to taking pictures and schedule their workmen for another day but yes, you will see a couple of men making repairs in these pictures and tomorrow when I post pictures of the capitol, you will see orange cones in front of it. The gall!!

Just taking this chance in the month of love to post a few of my favorite things. Later on this month, I will be featuring a few of my favorite people.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket