Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Broken Cistern

Photobucket

The "post" by Charles Spurgeon today is a classic. Sure hope you get a chance to google it or maybe you have a copy, such as I do, that has been laying around your home for years.

Ever thought yourself wiser than God? Spurgeon cautions us against this by taking "anxious care" of situations or people when we should be trusting God with them. He says when we do that we are going to the "broken cistern" and not to the "fountain."

How I identify with this, especially regarding my children and grandchildren. I am too anxious at times about their safety and well-being when I need to pray for them, place them and all thoughts of them in God's hands, and go about daily living that reflects love and faith back to that great source, to that great reservoir that overflows with grace and mercy.

My precious friend, I pray that you will go to the true well today. It will not disappoint.

Love all of you,
Dianne


2010-the Year of Longings

I long to jump in to that fountain and be splashed with His glory.