Friday, May 7, 2010

Weekend Worship at Highland Park Methodist

Photobucket

Worshiping with you is such a privilege, dear friend. And as we think upon the One who is above all things, who created all that was made from nothing, let us enjoy the fruit wrought by skillful hands. Beauty that belongs to Him only in the form of a majestic church, the incredible Highland Park United Methodist Church in Dallas, Texas.


I was privileged to be there this past week and want to share some of its grandeur with you on this blessed Sabbath. Many thanks to our lovely friends, Jerry and Jane, who drove us around and were so patient while I took many pictures inside and out.

I wanted so much to jump to the inside of the sanctuary this week. It is so unique and meaningful and I can't wait until next week to share it with you. Won't you prepare your heart this coming week as I prepare mine--we will step behind "the veil" together and rejoice in His presence. I think you will love the inside of this structure and see Jesus in a way that will bless you deeply and richly. Would you meditate on these scriptures with me this week?

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' From Matthew 24

Photobucket
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. Psalm 100:4


Photobucket

The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon. Psalm 29:5

Photobucket

My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out
for the living God. From Psalm 84


Photobucket

Photobucket

The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
the righteous run to it and are safe.

Photobucket

To him who rides the ancient skies above,
who thunders with mighty voice.
Proclaim the power of God,
whose majesty is over Israel,
whose power is in the skies.
You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary;
the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.

Psalm 68:32-35

Dianne

I long to always be ready to serve "one of the least of these."
I am linking to Spiritual Sundays, an inspirational place to visit.