Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fruit of Righteousness





Day 6


"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11

Jennifer's prayer:  Lord, grant to my descendants an abundance of true knowledge and deep insight, and enable them to discern the best in every situation.  Let their lives be the branches that display your fruit--the righteousness of Christ.  Jennifer Kennedy Dean

My prayer: Lord, my mind can hardly take in all that these two verses express--let your Holy Spirit even now teach me what these verses really mean and how they can be appropriated in my descendants' lives.

I pray that they will give full access to Your love to grow inside them until they are filled with wisdom beyond their chronological and spiritual birth years. I pray that this will lead to discernment in every situation they are placed in throughout their earthly lives thereby leading them to develop Godly habits and practices--actions that will lead others to know this great fruit of the seed of Jesse--Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. 

Father, your Word says that the fruit of righteousness is Peace--we know true peace comes only from you and Jesus is that Peace. I pray that the Peace of Jesus would envelop the world at this point in time. I pray for a great revival throughout the earth--for Your name to be lifted high. I especially pray for the peace of Jerusalem and all of Israel. Blessed be Your Name.
© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

 We finished decorating our tree today--just thought you might want to take a peek!