Thursday, December 1, 2011

Horizons of Mercy

For an explanation of the posts this month, please go here.


Day 2
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:1-2

Jennifer's prayer: "I pray that my descendants will always stand in full view of your mercy--that your mercy will fill their horizon--and that they will joyfully offer themselves as thank offerings, a pleasing aroma to you. May they be transformed from the inside and become living proof that your will is good, pleasing, and perfect."~~Jennifer K. Dean

My prayer: "Oh wow, Father, I have read this scripture so many times but when I start thinking about it in the light of praying for my descendants, I am overwhelmed with all it contains and all that my heart wants to pray for my children and my children's children.

First of all I pray that they will always understand and acknowledge just how merciful you have been to them--to all of us. I pray that my descendants will live out all their days glorifying you, sacrificing their will to yours in obedience thereby fulfilling scripture which says 'obedience is better than sacrifice.'

I pray that they will renew their mind daily Father so that they will not be conformed to the world's ways. I pray that they will depend upon your Word daily for the cleansing, the washing, the renewing of their minds.

Father, we know that all you have planned for them is ultimate good, is pleasing and perfect because that is Your nature.   We trust You to bring this to pass in their lives."



To access Jennifer's website featuring her book, Legacy of Prayer, and prayercards, go here.

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted


a repost from past pages