Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Gateway to Peace


T
oday's Lenten devotional was emotional for me.

Realizing anew that it was my sin that sent Jesus to the cross--

That if I had been the only sinner, He still would have given his life--

What seemed at the time like an ending was truly a beginning--

A seemingly closing door became an opening--

The place of the skull that represented death became a life way for whosoever will--

Who so EVER will accept this tragic but beautiful love story--



Who so EVER will accept grace and mercy in exchange for his/her Sin--

There is Peace for Who So Ever will when we accept these wonderful truths.



I found it interesting in reading about Golgotha, the place of the skull, to discover that it was near a gate to Jerusalem.  I had already titled this post before reading that but thought it was so fitting.

Not a closed door but a gateway!



Here is the link to today's Lenten devotional.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2016


I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.