Thursday, March 10, 2016

When Our Words Have Life


'The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life." from John 6:63 NIV

What will my words show today?  Will they bring life to whom I speak?  Or will they bring discouragement, depression, distance, or worse, death?

When I read the words of Jesus printed in red in the New Testament, I would be hard pressed to find any of them that did not pack a wallop of life.

He counsels us, warns us, exhorts us, loves us, and most of all offers LIFE to us through His words.

Oswald Chambers said:
Allow God to have complete liberty in your life when you speak. Before God’s message can liberate other people, His liberation must first be real in you. Gather your material carefully, and then allow God to “set your words on fire” for His glory.
I encourage you, if you have a red letter edition Bible (I just found all of Jesus' Words in red online) to take one chapter from the gospels and read His Words.

The hebrew word ruach means breath, wind, spirit.

I pray today that my words bring 

a breath of fresh air, 

a wind of compassion, 

and a spirit of humility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the link to Redeemer Presbyterian's Lenten reading for today.
Forsythia blooming in my side yard--
Editing: Lightroom, Photoshop and Wacom tablet


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2016