Friday, March 18, 2016

Spiritual DNA


What does it mean to 'bear witness?'

The online Free Dictionary says this:



Verb1.bear witness - provide evidence for; "The blood test showed that he was the father"

This really made me start thinking!

If there were such a thing and I were to have it--a Spiritual DNA test, what would it show?  Would it prove that God is truly my Father?  That I have come to Him through belief in His only Son, Jesus Christ.


From John 14:6:  Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

God made sure that John would know who Jesus Christ was--He spoke to John and told him that the Holy Spirt in the form of a dove would alight on the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.

from John 1

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 
This is he of whom I said, ‘After me comes a man who ranks before me, because he was before me.’ 
I myself did not know him, but for this purpose I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel.”
          And John bore witness: “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it      remained on him. 
I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 
 And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”


Who does your heart tell you that Jesus is?


That is what Jesus wants to know.


Who do you say that He is?
"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Messiah."  Mark 8:29



If you have one grain of faith that is enough and God gives us even that!


Choose to use that one mustard see of faith today and tell Jesus, like Peter did, that He is the Messiah.


I may not be able to prove my identity through a Spiritual DNA test but the whole world will see and know who I am on that day when He says--


Well done my good and faithful servant.


God will say this to me because I believe and because He sees me through Jesus--


Not because of my own integrity--


I choose the sinless blood of Jesus to cover me--


His Spiritual DNA shows only the markers of God Himself!


And because of that, my Spiritual DNA is perfect!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


© ALL ART, PHOTOGRAPHS AND TEXT PROPERTY OF ELIZABETH DIANNE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2008-2016

I love hearing from you. Email address can be accessed at top left of this page.