Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told!

Photobucket

Tears trickled and then streamed--morning's heartfelt worship. Mind goes back to childhood and the way that you have loved me, pursued me through the years. Mind can scarcely grasp the richness, the fullness, the loyalty of your love.

Sing 'Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere.'
Think about time spent alone with you, Holy Spirit wooing my heart
Know that one minute in your presence is
enough to keep me singing for a day, a week, a year--
enough to make me want to come back for more--
to search the Psalms--
to comprehend the depth of David's love for you
to thirst for you truly as the deer pants for water.

Oh, why Father, why have you sought me so?
Me, who is lost and undone?
Me, who is messed up and bruised,
I, who am battered and naked and poor and blind--

This broken vessel of clay--oh so broken--
Why is it that you love me so?
Pursue me so?

Reminded of Naomi and Ruth
Long to know loyalty, faithfulness that one
daughter-in-law feels for deceased husband's mother--
"Whither thou goest I will go,
Whither thou lodgest I will lodge,
Thy people shall be my people."
What kind of love is that, Lord?

Long to tell someone, not just anyone, the world
Of your search for them, your never-ending quest --
Where with arms and hands outstretched, you
welcomed world-weary traveler,
thief, adulterer, down, out,
downcast, outcast,
this kind of love
That took you to a lonely hill--Golgotha.

Look up just now--no snow predicted today
highs in forties,
Breath escapes me in gasps of wonder
eyes behold biggest snowflakes
ever seen
Coming in bundles,
bursting from sky
too full to hold the vastness.
My heart is the sky
Too full to hold your love--

Suddenly I know--
Heaven's confetti silently descends
in celebration of our love.

Happy Valentine's Day, precious Lord,
Thank you for husband, sons, their wives, grandchildren,
These my planet valentines--
But if you and your love were all that I ever knew on this earth,
That would be more than enough
for me.

I love you.

Unexpected snowfall from Elizabeth Dianne on Vimeo.



Dianne
2010-the Year of Longings


Photo: A picture of wedding band (gift from my husband) that says in Hebrew, "Whither thou goest, I will go."

I am linking to CHATTING AT THE SKY today. I guess it qualifies since I was talking to God and the sky opened up with the confetti. Hope you will visit this encouraging site.