Monday, September 6, 2010

A Spacious Place

Photobucket

Some years ago while writing a prisoner and searching for a Word from God that would be truly meaningful to one behind bars, I happened upon the following scripture. Somehow a light bulb went on--for the first time, I think I got a glimpse of the enormity of its message.

I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
for you saw my affliction
and knew the anguish of my soul.

You have not handed me over to the enemy
but have set my feet in a spacious place. Psalm 31:7,8


And in the words of Richard Lovelace in the poem To Althea From Prison:

Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage; . . . . . . .


Photobucket

2010-the Year of Longings

He longs to set our feet in a spacious place.

I long to walk continually in freedom.