Sunday, September 12, 2010

One of the best birthday gifts ever!

Mary and I

Sometimes in a lifetime
something quite beautiful happens
that leaves you with a new appreciation
for friendship, for ties that bind.

That something happened to me last Friday, the surprise I wrote about on the bottom of Friday's post.

I received an email on Wednesday of last week telling me that my blogging buddy, MaryB, would be flying in to my area on Friday. We got to meet and have coffee for a couple of hours--what an utter, absolute joy--I had prayed that conversation would be easy, that a tie in Christ would bind us. We have been following each others' blog for several months and I needn't have ever given it a second thought. It was a friendship ordained by God and He knew when we found one another online that someday we would meet.

If you get a chance to meet one of your blogging buddies, let me please encourage you to make it happen. We didn't have anything special planned for my birthday so when I received this email, it was like manna from heaven. And Mary is delightful and beautiful besides, inside and out.

If you get a chance, please check out her blog. I love the name of it--Me, Myself and Mercy--and now I know how that name came about--it's funny because some of the things I meant to ask her about went by the wayside but I found out myriad things that I had never even thought of asking about. I love Mary's genuine heart for God and her prayers in most every post. You can access her blog here.

My children and grandchildren did take me out to eat that night and then after that, something very interesting happened. I was sitting at the computer preparing my post for Spiritual Sundays, had just got it posted and had hopped over to post it on SS when I had some really hard heart pains and other symptoms that alarmed us somewhat. I spent most of the weekend in the hospital but came home Sunday.

We think everything is okay--my potassium was very low--muscles depend heavily on potassium and the heart is a muscle, of course--anyway, I have to go have a stress test, etc. etc. So I desire your prayers. Thank you, dear friend, for being a special friend to me and for your prayers. I look forward to meeting all of you at some point in time. Wouldn't that be awesome? I realize it won't happen for all of us but this time last week if someone would have told me I would be meeting one of my online friends in less than a week, I would have thought they were crazy.

This truly was one of the best birthday gifts I've ever received. Thank you, God, and thank you, Mary--I love you!

Photobucket

2010-the Year of Longings
He longs to meet each of us face to face.
I long to be a good, good friend to each of you, to provide you with nourishment from God as He directs and wills it. After all, you are written on the pages of my heart.