Friday, February 11, 2011

Weekend Worship at First Presbyterian, Little Rock, Arkansas




My lover spoke and said to me,
"Arise my darling, my beautiful one, and come with me.





See!  The winter is past;  the rains are over and gone.





Flowers appear on the earth;  the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves is heard in our land,





The fig tree forms its early fruit;  the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.






Arise, come, my darling;  my beautiful one, come with me."






See!  The winter is past;  the rains are over and gone.
From Song of Solomon 2





The juxtaposition of this particular scripture with this church photographed in the dead of winter last year, gives us reason to understand more fully why many across our frozen country are crying out for the winter to be over and gone.  It appears that Arkansas will get into the sixties this next week.

But no matter where you are and no matter whether your coming days are forecast to be cold or hot, I pray that you will find warmth in your heart and spirit by choosing to worship with someone you love.

Whether it is the lowliest of worship centers, the most majestic of cathedrals or in the shelter of your own home, I pray that you and at least one other will have the opportunity to give back to the Lover of your soul.

Have a blessed weekend of joyful worship,
Dianne
2011-the year of beyond