Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Hope You Dance



You did it: you changed wild lament
into whirling dance;
You ripped off my black mourning band
and decked me with wildflowers.
I'm about to burst with song,
I can't keep quiet about you.
God, my God,
I can't thank you enough. Psalm 30:11-12

Good morning dear Lord, I love you. I give you the highest praise.

Lord, you know what I'm here for--to ask your favor and protection upon my children. Lord, I pray that they would be obedient and compliant with Your Holy Spirit so that You can accomplish all that You desire for them in this lifetime. I pray that they will give you supreme place in their lives--that they would have no other gods before You.

And I pray that if their hearts are heavy today about anything, Lord, that you will change their murmurings, gripings and complainings into wild and joyful dance. Oh God, I can just picture them clothed in wildflowers from head to toe and singing at the tops of their lungs. Give them this kind of joy, Father--the joy that can only be found in You.

I pray that You would place a love for righteousness and a hatred for wickedness in their hearts.  Let them love what is good, wholesome and Godly.

Lord, I pray this in the precious, sweet Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ.  Amen

You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.  Hebrews 1:9

I hope you dance,
Dianne
2011-the Year of Beyond