Heart Burn



Consider this--Jesus walked with two of his followers (who did not recognize him at the time) from Emmaus to Jerusalem. Later on that evening as Jesus broke bread and blessed it they suddenly recognized Him but He immediately disappeared.  Why?
By this time they were nearing Emmaus and the end of their journey. Jesus acted as if he were going on, but they begged him, “Stay the night with us, since it is getting late.” So he went home with them. As they sat down to eat, he took the bread and blessed it. Then he broke it and gave it to them. Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And at that moment he disappeared!
They said to each other, “Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?” from Luke 24
Why did their hearts burn within them as He explained the old testament scriptures to them?  Because I desire that same kind of burning in my heart for Him, I decided to study the Old Testament references to Him.  I am going to try to cover all of them between now and Pentecost.  Won't you join me?  I googled it and got a listing of Old Testament references.  I can hardly wait to get started.  In the meantime, I want to walk and talk and commune with Him and recognize Him in every situation of my life.

Comments

I just came here after studying the Feast of Weeks leading up to Pentecost and my heart just jumped at continuing on my learning journey with the Lord during this season. I will enjoy walking with you through this time. May my heart burn with desire to know Him more.
elizabeth said…
Well, the Holy Spirit was speaking to both of us about the same thing today! Love it! Also loving what God is doing at your church.
Oldest daughter who had our now two year old granddaughter after 10 years of infertility and 3 miscarriages just told us she is two months along with baby miracle number two...this time with no fertility meds! Your prayers over her and baby would be appreciated.
Love you my sister in Christ.
Elizabeth
that is one of my all time favorite scriptures, because
it so captures the wonder of being near the Lord.
Sandy said…
Of course I would love to go on this
journey and may my heart burn with
even more desire for Him too!
Love you,
Sandy
Mollye said…
There would be nothing more thrilling to take this journey. Just imagine our hearts on fire for Jesus. Can you imagine how happy he would be.
Mary B said…
Hey Dianne...I just got home and had a chance to look at your blog. Interesting that we both had the same scripture passage on our hearts today. Love you my friend. Mary
Maria said…
Hi Dianne...
Isn't it interesting how the writers of the gospels use the most beautiful God inspired words ~ Didn't our hearts burn ~
just incredible imagery... to the point of sensing it ourselves!
I will look forward to your direction in this study, Dianne!
*Blessings always,
Maria
ps. How are you doing in AR ?
thinking of you with the strong weather around!
Susy said…
Interesringly I too recently read that passage and wondered about His sudden disappearing. Your passion for Him and His word is always inspiring and provoking. Blessings to you. xo

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment