Thursday, April 26, 2012

Give Us This Day

I am convinced that this phrase from The Lord's Prayer is a perfect example of Kingdom praying.

 "Give us this day, our daily bread."

 There are several meanings this could have and most of them are probably right because Jesus had a way of covering a multitude of topics with very few words.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a dream but today is the day of salvation.





Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. 

2 Corinthians 6:2
For he says,
"In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.  I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation."




We should be busy about God's business today because this is the only time we KNOW we have to tell others about Jesus and His redeeming love.

So we ask God for the day and for our daily needs.

But far greater than our daily needs of food, clothing, shelter, water, we need the True Daily Bread.

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. John 6:35

As many times as I have heard or read this scripture, my heart jumped in my chest a few minutes ago when I read it.

He is what we truly need.  When we have Him, we know that our days are not numbered--they cannot be numbered--they are without end--

John 5:24
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned;  he has crossed over from death to life.
So suddenly this seemingly simple line from The Lord's Prayer takes on an immense meaning.

Well, the mean has always been there--I just need to stop and think about the kingdom aspects of it.

Praying that this line of The Lord's Prayer takes on new meaning for you today--that your day is meaningful because of His involvement in it--

Love,
Dianne

Would you like to share your thoughts or your heart with me? 


My contact information is listed in the upper right of the sidebar. 


Please feel free to email me. 


I love hearing from you and cherish the friendships I have made through blogging. 

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted