Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thy Kingdom Come

What does this line from The Lord's Prayer mean?

 thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven?

There is a lot of speculation on this particular phrase in the prayer and several different takes on it.  My take is this:

If we are to pray in the here and now for God's kingdom to come to the here and now, I believe Jesus was telling us to pray that God's rule and authority would start to take control now in each individual life.

We should be on the lookout for where God is at work, where He is indicating that He wants to be at work and then focus our attention, our desires on joining up with Him to make these things come to fruition.

I love the phrase "Break my heart for what breaks Yours."  I want to be so passionate about what Christ is passionate about that my heart will break over the situations that cause His to break.

So what would that look like in your world today--if God's kingdom were to come into your life today?

The first thing that came to mind for my world is this--instant obedience--in fact, I've heard it said that anything apart from instant obedience is not really obedience.

If and when God makes His will, His desires for my life apparent to me, I will take some kind of action.

I will either head in the direction that He is going or I will head another direction.  If I am only one degree off of His compass direction, my destination will be way off His course for my life.

So my prayer today for you, for me, for my family, for friends and for everyone around the world is this:



May Your Kingdom come in our lives, Lord.  May Your will be done in our lives.
May we be willing for Your Kingdom to come in our lives, Lord. 



Can you imagine what would transpire if each Christian prayed this prayer from a sincere heart, ready to drop any and everything and follow God wherever He is leading?

Am I really sincere in praying this prayer?  Am I ready to share in the fellowship of His sufferings?  Am I ready to leave all as the disciples did and follow Him no matter what the sacrifice?

I pray that I will sincerely embrace this prayer with my whole being.

Have a blessed day,
Dianne

Would you like to share your thoughts or your heart with me? 


My contact information is listed in the upper right of the sidebar. 


Please feel free to email me. 


I love hearing from you and cherish the friendships I have made through blogging. 

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted