Faith Is Her Name



Faith is her name.

 A tear is ready to splash from her eye but she still has a smile. Why?  Because she sees a rainbow in every tear of her life. She knows that all that the enemy means for harm, God will work for her good and His glory if she will trust and love Him.

 You may notice that she has a very strong jaw line. She has set her face like flint because she knows she will not be put to shame.



Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame. 
Isaiah 50:7 

She was painted on a wooden block--texture is very rough--

© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

Linking to

Paint Party Friday

Word Art Wednesday


   

Comments

fantastic face - wonderful effect!
Like she would be in a shower!

Happy PPF!

xxx Susi
froebelsternchen

visit our monthly challenge for Art Journalers:
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY
Beautiful painting, I love the colours
She has firm resolve but in a soft and vulnerable way. Happy PPF
Kim said…
Interesting and beautiful, I love all the color and texture. HPPF!
sharon said…
Beautiful face.
Dianne said…
Quite textural and colorful...lovely work! happy PPF!
I love your Faith,
Wonderful colors and words!
Happy PPF and hugs
Erika
Mary C. Nasser said…
Awesome texture in this!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art
Tam Hess said…
She has a cool realistic look. I love the colors you used for her. Thanks for sharing your work :) Hugs and Happy Paint Party Friday!
Sandy said…
I love her! She is so beautiful and the tear so realistic looking as if it really were ready to fall from her eye. I know just who she is and how she feels.
Annabelle said…
Faith has determination in her visage and her colouring and texture is just wonderful.Beautifully done!
Giggles said…
Very cool layering!

Hugs Giggles
Susy said…
Another extraordinary piece D ~ I especially love her hoop earrings.

It's wonderful that you continue to cultivate and nourish your artistic side ~ and then share it with us. You're such a blessing! xo
Cat Beringer said…
wonderful layering effect and colors.
Donna McMorrow said…
Beautiful Faith. I love the colors and the texture.
Irene Rafael said…
she exudes beauty. happy ppf
Carola Bartz said…
Great face, and the rough texture is really cool. I also like the colors you chose.
Elisa said…
beautiful Faith. God is good!

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

Oh the Glory of Your Presence

Tulips, Followers, Ice etc.