Saturday, March 6, 2010

Weekend Worship at St. Joseph's

Photobucket

I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me.

Photobucket

O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

Photobucket

O LORD, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit.

Photobucket

Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name.

Photobucket

For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Photobucket

When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken."

Photobucket

O LORD, when you favored me, you made my mountain stand firm;
but when you hid your face,I was dismayed.

Photobucket

To you, O LORD, I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy:

Photobucket

"What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit?
Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness?

Photobucket

Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help." Psalm 30

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.

Dianne
2010-the year of longings
I long to dance.

May you, dear friends, find time this weekend for corporate worship, whether with other believers, the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, the hand-clapping trees, or crying out with the rocks. May the God of our lives be worshiped, praised and adored for He alone is God and He alone is Holy.

Photos: I took Kennedy to Conway yesterday for Math Olympics. While students were testing, parents, grandparents could leave to go do their thing. Of course, my thing is taking pictures of church exteriors. Just as I pulled up to St. Joseph's, a lady came out and ask me if I would like to come in. I was thrilled. The church was locked and if our paths had not coincided, I wouldn't have gotten these pictures of their exquisite interior. Thank you, Lord, for this coincidence. And as my son and his wife say, "That's not odd, that's God.