Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the inn and the studio

Photobucket

This is the entrance to the Don Gaspar Bed & Breakfast Inn, a very private little sanctuary.

Photobucket

This is where we ate our breakfast each morning. Travis is anxiously awaiting those breakfast room doors to open and so was everyone else.

Photobucket

The entrance to the breakfast room-The food was incredible--some kind of casserole or quiche, delicious breads, cheeses, fruits, granola loaded with pecans and walnuts, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, juices and coffee.



Photobucket

The entrance to Jane's room.

Photobucket

Randall's studio on Canyon Avenue.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Walking in the front door--Nancy is working hard. Right above her is a canvas of Randall's daughter. To say she is beautiful is the understatement of the century. She really resembles Randall's wife, Valerie. Valerie is the manager of the Inn where we stayed.

Photobucket

This is my workspace. I was just fine working right under that original C.S. Lewis painting until Valerie walked in one day and said, "No pressure sitting here, huh?" Of course, we were slinging paint everywhere. I will tell more about the C.S. Lewis painting another day.

Photobucket

And this is my journal--I did the background color and Randall demonstrated the ruling pen by writing part of my favorite verse in my book--"The Lord is my strength and my portion forever." Notice how his letters dance and come alive across the page--what a talent and gift and lots of hard work through the years.

Photobucket

This phrase is taken from my favorite verse listed on the top left of my sidebar.

Here is a link to learn more about Randall and his incredible art and calligraphy.