Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Cross of Ashes



Being that I am not Catholic, I have only received the cross of ashes one time in my life----when I was teaching at Immaculate Conception in Tulsa, OK. I will never forget how I felt that day--

I knew that everyone else would know that I was a follower of Christ and I so wanted to bring glory to His Name, and not bring any reproach upon the Savior of the world--I watched every step I took, every word I said--like I should do every day anyway.

I spent much of the day in tears because I could not think about anything but Jesus and His suffering on the cross for me.

However, and this is a big however, my friend, Sheila, over at Becoming Women of Peace wrote a post today that I want you to read so much. And please read to the very last line...........it is truly priceless.