Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas

Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

 I've have really tried to discipline myself to stop and enjoy the moment, to take time out to do special things with my husband when I might otherwise be inventing more work to get done before the kids start coming in on Wednesday.

I have enjoyed everything I've done so far and none of it has seemed like a chore but totally enjoyable.

I have a wall plaque I got years ago that reads, "It's not doing the things we like to do, but liking the things we have to do that makes life blessed.

I think there is a lot of truth to that old adage.

 Here are a few things that have been going on in our lives.



Our 13 year old granddaughter, Ashton, was promoted to 'pointe' in ballet this past week.  That is a great accomplishment for her and something she has been working hard for for several years.





We have mirrors across from one another in the master bath.  I strung lights over my vanity and ended up getting an infinity effect--it just goes on and on and on.




These are right out of the oven--my husband went golfing and brought back these big, beautiful pine cones.  But it's a good thing to bake them in the oven at about 200 for an hour to kill any varmints that might be residing in them.  They make their presence known later if they are not eradicated now.  But that's all I'll say about that.




Then i placed them in an arrangement in my new dough box.  They were just exactly what it needed!





Yesterday I made place cards for the "girls" table.  I have never done this before but I'm having a table for the boys and one for the girls.  We will have 9 at the girls' table and 6 at the boys.

Still need to make the boys' place cards.  Theirs will be a bit more masculine!

I hope your holidays celebrating the birth of our wonderful Savior are the best ever.

God bless you and talk to you soon!