Friday, January 14, 2011

Weekend Worship at Damascus, Arkansas


Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.

Isaiah 46:8



I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.

Isaiah 46:9




I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.’

Isaiah 46:10




Sing to God, you kingdoms of the earth,
sing praise to the Lord,

Psalm 68:32




To him who rides across the highest heavens, the ancient heavens,
who thunders with mighty voice.
Proclaim the power of God,
whose majesty is over Israel,
whose power is in the heavens.

Isaiah 68:33, 34




You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary;
the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.

Praise be to God!

Isaiah 68:33-35





He stood, and shook the earth;
he looked, and made the nations tremble.
The ancient mountains crumbled
and the age-old hills collapsed—
but he marches on forever.

Habakkuk 3:6




I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God.
Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?"

 Isaiah 43:12-14





“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,
coming with the clouds of heaven. 
He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 

 Daniel 7:13





I remember, LORD, your ancient laws,
and I find comfort in them. 

 Psalm 119:52


If you will notice in the scriptures above, there are many references to "ancient."  I chose those because the rock work on the church is made with natural Arkansas stone and very old.  I wanted the verses to reflect the character of the church which in turn hopefully reflects the character of our Mighty God.

I don't know why but my absolute favorite Name for the Lord is "Ancient of Days."  It always has been.
In this post, I was "Mrs. Ancient of Days."


I am linking to Spiritual Sundays.
All scripture is from the NIV

Hey dear friend, I have suspended comments on my blog for a season.

If you need to reach me, my contact information is listed on the sidebar.  I welcome hearing from you.