Wednesday, January 12, 2011

astrophysicist

I was so saddened today when I was reading about a famous astrophysicist--He was asked if he believes in a higher power. His response was this:

"Every account of a higher power that I've seen described, of all religions that I've seen, include many statements with regard to the benevolence of that power. When I look at the universe and all the ways the universe wants to kill us, I find it hard to reconcile that with statements of beneficence." This is quoted from Wikipedia, which doesn't make it necessarily true but they are fairly reliable.

Now (imagine a Forrest Gump voice here), "I may not be a smart woman."

I'm not making fun, really I'm not--I just have to inject a little humor to keep from crying.

(Back to normal--whatever that is)

"but I am smart enough to know that if the universe wants to kills us as bad as this man says it does and we are still alive and enjoying the simple pleasures of everyday life, someone must be looking out for us.  Someone so full of benevolence that He actually laid down His life so that we could take up ours."