Prayer-The Music of My Heart



Today's post is taken from yesterday's prayer for the precious ones in my life. I record these prayers under the "Pray With Me" section on the sidebar.

I love to pray scripture over them.

When you can, I would love for you to join me in prayer.  It is our greatest resource.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You, God, are my God,
    earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
    my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
    where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

Father, I love you.  I give you praise.
It is for the precious ones that I meet with You here and ask You to bless them.

I pray that the scripture above will be their earnest prayer--

that they will recognize that You are their God--
that they will seek You with all their hearts--
That they will thirst for You and long for You 
in a deep and holy way.

Father, would You saturate their dryness with Your precious Holy Spirit?
Would you be an oasis, a deep well, a river of living water that will
spring up from within them and minister to them all the days of their lives.

Father, how I thank You for the gift of prayer--
especially that of praying scripture.
My heart beats hard, Father, when I pray scripture,
because I know that You are touched by Your Word
and also touched by my infirmities.

You will respond to Your Word and I am confident when I pray
Your Word that You will bring things to pass--
You will open doors that have been seemingly sealed shut,

You will make a way where huge obstacles block the path,
You will bring light in extreme darkness.

Father, I love the word extreme--
Because that is what You are to me.

Extreme in Your love,
Extreme in Your faithfulness,
Extreme in Your holiness,
Extreme in Your grace and mercy--
Extreme in Your Extremeness.

Forever to worship You.

That is the extreme ultimate.

I pray in Jesus' Name.  Amen



© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

photo taken my my daughter-in-law, Dree, of my youngest granddaughter, Noelle

Comments

Nancy said…
Sweet Friend, you are so right...what could be more important than praying for and over our precious little ones.....

Every aspect of their lives needs to be covered and I think that is one of the most important things I do for them as a grandmother....

You are always inspiring us to look to the Father....
Anita Johnson said…
Prayer using scriptures are so powerful...these would make a beautiful book for your grandchildren someday...He is faithful to all generations.
Ginger said…
Amen. Praying this with you for my girls.
Gayle said…
Prayer is a powerful weapon, and I'm ashamed that I don't spend more time on my knees.
Beth said…
What a beautiful prayer. My kids are grown now and I wasn't a believer when they were younger, but I know it is never to late to pray. I pray over them daily now. Thank you for sharing your lovely prayer. Thank you for your comment on my blog too. Blessings.
i was just talking with a friend today about
prayer. between us we have raised eleven
children. prayer has sustained us through
all of the tough years.

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment