Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Eve Bride

Just wanted to share a picture of my mother-in-law who became a bride 74 years ago today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the few close up pictures of Gene, my father-in-law. I guess he was always the one who took the pictures. And he is holding my husband! Well, I think it is my husband--the more I looked at it, the more it looks like his brother.

Photobucket

The house that my husband grew up in--the only one he ever lived in before marrying me. His mom lived in that house for 55 years. They built it in the late '30's. Their house payment was $23.00 a month. They had a curve put in their sidewalk--it added a whopping $5.00 to their mortgage.

Photobucket

This was about 1944--the year I was born and even though it was before my time, we still went bare-legged in the snow when I was a little girl--hard to believe! And she is holding my husband!

Photobucket

My father-in-law is the third from the left--again 1944. He worked for the North Little Rock Electric Department for 40 years.

We spent many happy Christmases with them and always miss them so much this time of year.