Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I saw Jesus

Ann over at Holy Experience suggested that we might write about where we have seen Jesus in this Christmas season.

I have seen Him in numerous places--I saw Him in our candlelight service this past Sunday morning. Also, I saw Him in a granddaughter's home-schooling Christmas program.

When I was a young girl, my heart's desire was to be a ballerina and to take piano lessons. The small bump in the road where I lived when I was the age to start taking dance had one grocery store, a school, one church and about ten houses. Needless to say, that was out of the question.

I have written about Ashton, our ballerina, before but I wanted to share this small video with you. I guess I am living vicariously but it is a dream come true to see my flesh and blood dancing and especially dancing for Jesus.

I ran out of room on my little video camera right when she started to perform her dance. I almost cried but I am going to share the dress rehearsal number. The main differences between the rehearsal and the live performance--

no little children running around
a packed house
no brown paper bags
the mom had on an teal and black outfit

and the GREATEST DIFFERENCE--instead of a recorded song, the youngest choir kids were singing the song--I'm so sorry that you don't get to hear those precious little voices--

Ashton is dancing with one of the home-schooling moms and her daughter. She has three other daughters and is several months pregnant with her fifth. You will see 3 out of 4 of her daughters in this clip. And maybe a small glimpse of the 4th talking to my husband.

I saw Jesus in this interpretive praise dance. I hope it blesses you this holiday season. It takes about 20 seconds or so before it begins--sorry! You can get a full screen by clicking on the little flower icon next to "Vimeo."

Ashton Dance Rehearsal from Elizabeth Dianne on Vimeo.


Here is a link to my favorite song about seeing Jesus. If this song is not played or sung at my funeral, you will know that my family either does not read my blog or they pay me "no nevermind." LOL

Merry Christmas,
Dianne


holy experience