Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just Give Me Jesus

Photobucket



Yesterday we read the question from Jesus, "Who do you say that I am?" After having pondered that question, it is my hope that if you don't already know Him, you will recognize Him as the only begotten Son of the Father, Who came to earth to redeem all mankind from our sin.

Ruth Bell Graham did this early in life--choosing to make Him the center, the home, the purpose, the example and the vision of her life.



It is my prayer that you will cry out to Him to become all these things in your life. God is not picky about the words you choose to do this but if you feel inadequate to voice your own prayer, here is one that you can pray.

Dear God, I acknowledge that I am a sinner, that I have fallen short of Your Glory as you say in your scripture that we all do. I acknowledge also that Jesus has come in the flesh, was crucified for my sin, resurrected on the third day and ascended into heaven to be with You and there He is ever interceding and praying for me.

I invite you, Lord Jesus, into my heart, into my life, to be my personal Lord and Savior. And I thank you for answering my prayer.

I also pray that you would send wise people into my life who would help me grow into the person You want me to be.

Help me to use my talents for Your Glory and help me to find a faith-filled church where I can worship with believers who want to bring glory to Your Name.

Thank you, God, for centering me, for being my example, my vision and my purpose for living. I love you. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.



2010-the Year of Longins

I long to live a life of purpose.

Photo: Star gazer lily that husband bought for Easter, taken yesterday.