Monday, April 12, 2010

Silencing the Impatiens

Worked in the yard some yesterday. Planted some little vine-type stuff that is so beautiful but doesn't cling to its host like ivy does. After our trip to this garden, I decided to paint a rock with the quote, "How lovely is the silence of growing things."

Photobucket

Have you ever tried to paint on a really lumpy and bumpy rock--what is supposed to be precise lettering--oh well--and well I won't even mention my age or my physical condition. I almost posted over at Ann's today (thankful that I could get down on the ground to paint, but I couldn't get up to go do it--)

Photobucket

It turned out okay but it could have been better.

Photobucket

Notice the pretty little impatiens planted all around the rock--just sitting all perky there in the rich soil growing in utter silence--

Photobucket

And then I come along and sit on two while I am painting the rock--I almost had to change the quote--you've never heard such screaming in your life from two little squashed plants--oh well.......

Sorry for how many times I said "well."




I long to be able to get up after I get down.