Monday, May 21, 2012

Feeling Lifeless?

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

This is the bread that came down from heaven.

Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”
from John 6, the Message



Are you feeling lifeless today?  No zest for living.  Just putting one foot in front of the other.  Numb to happiness, joy and abundance?

This old shed could reflect on some of our lives today.  The life is right there in front of it.

Jesus told us that whoever feeds on him will live--somehow, I think He is referring to that abundant living that cannot contain rivers of living water flowing out from it.

Since that is what I want for me and mine today and all of you and all those for whom I am praying, this scripture will be my Kingdom prayer today.

Lord, I pray that we will not neglect You today, that we will go through our day walking and talking and discussing things with You.  I pray that we will acknowledge Your Word, spending time in it and reading and meditating over it just as we would if it were the first time we had ever read it, letting its truth, beauty and goodness soak into the very marrow of our beings.
I pray this in Jesus' Name.  Amen 


The life truly is right there in front of us!







  Love God, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that's in you, love him with all you've got!

 Write these commandments that I've given you today on your hearts.

Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children.
Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night.
Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates.***
From Deut 6 


Would you like to share your thoughts or your heart with me? My contact information is listed in the upper right of the sidebar. Please feel free to email me. I love hearing from you and cherish the friendships I have made through blogging. 

 © all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted