Wednesday, May 23, 2012

He Wrote Them One By One



A
t this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 
Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 
“No one, sir,” she said. 
“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
from John 8--The Message 



Led into the courtyard
barely able to catch a breath
My heart was in my throat
I expected sudden death

But when questioned
He begin to write
I never would have guessed
the Sin within His sight

Fraud, libel, slander
malice, pride and greed
gossip, bitterness, resentment
even 'no good deed'

No names to go with Sin
were written in the sand
Enough was the conviction
Written by His hand.