Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Gift of Love For You and My Best Blessing This Week--



This blessing may seem sort of frivolous to some BUT it is the culmination of many, many years of working hard at something I wanted to accomplish and finally having it come together.

One day later this week, I will have this all ready for you (you will be able to retrieve it at www.box.com, download it to your computer, and print it) as a Valentine's Day gift.

One of the great desires of mine for the last twenty or thirty years is to help make His Name known through my calligraphy--maybe that will become a reality.  So I would feel so honored and humbled if you choose to print this out and use it to glorify God.

It is all about the love due our great God--loving the Lord with all our hearts, souls, and strength.

I have some last minute corrections, touch ups, etc. before it will be ready.

It is a combination of my calligraphy and a little bit of typography.

Why the gift?

At the start of this new year as I was praying for the direction my blog should go, it seemed that I just kept getting the message from God that I was to give--give tangibly of some of my talents.

I am hoping to have a regular "giveaway day" (probably on Thursdays) when I will give you a design of some kind, maybe a little watercolor, maybe a scripture--something to cheer your heart and let you know you are loved.

Just a little side note:  They will be much more attractive if printed on cardstock or special photo paper.

It has really been a proces learning how to bring my calligraphy in to Photoshop--cleaning it up, editing it, etc.  I still have a LOT to learn but am so excited about the prospect of learning more.  Adobe Illustrator is on my bucket list.  I want to master it--ha ha

I have to give a really loud shoutout to Erica over at The Flourish Forum.

Not only is she an incredible calligrapher but she is a great teacher and so, so generous.  If you have any interest in learning calligraphy, I think her website is a great place to start.  She gives free tutorials and lessons.

I hope you'll come back later on in the week to download your free printable.

Have a lovely week!

The verse is from Deut. 6:5-7

UPDATE:  The link to the printable is located in the sidebar now--it's all ready for you--Happy Valentine's Day and a big thank you to Inspire Me Monday for the feature.  I am humbled.






Oh, and I must also give a shoutout to my daughter-in-law, Traci, who is the Children's Minister at Immanuel Baptist Church in Little Rock, who asked me to design something with this scripture (this is their main scripture for the children's ministry).  It will hang in a sitting room for the parents of these precious children.  It will be printed very large--probably 3 by 4 feet.



©All art, photographs and text property of Elizabeth Dianne unless otherwise notes, 2008-2014, all rights reserved.