WOYWW-He Is Not Here


I've been reading about Mary Magdalene this week and her encounter with Jesus at the tomb.

The above canvas is an acrylic painting on my workdesk in my studio.

In white it says, "Why Seek the living" and in black horizontally it says, "Among the dead."

It is very contemporary and calligraphic in nature.

I also added the translation to the modern mark-marking (in black) but really wish I had not.

As an artist, one of the things I deal with so often is overworking a piece.

The piece below illustrates a much more clean look which is what I wanted in the above piece.

I is an 18" x 24" piece.


The painting below was done last night on the virtual workdesk of my IPad using the app Pen and Ink.

I'm liking it but not sure it is finished--I love the Pen and Ink app because it gives a beautiful finish to each calligraphic mark--so clean, clear and crisp--a great program!







He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 
 Matt. 28:6


© all photographs and text property of Dianne Hogue unless otherwise noted

  

and to


Comments

Anita Johnson said…
I'm fascinated by this. In the second painting are those "real" words? Calligraphy marks? Inquiring minds want to know! I loved the first one too.
Dianne said…
Those are real words, Anita.

I was writing fast like a busy person does a signature they have to sign a bunch of times--but still trying to use calligraphic-like markings.

If you look closely at the last word on the horizontal line you can make out the "l" at the beginning and the "g" at the end.

Can't wait to get it finished and framed.

Think I will do one with Hebrew or Chinese next.

BJ said…
I have been pondering Mary Magdelene's life recently too. Love your art. BJ#60
Regina Hamilton said…
Your work is just beautiful. #92
Ria Gall said…
these are really amazing I love both of them and would be happy to have them hanging on my walls really stunning work

Enjoy your WOYWW sunny day today
Ria #64
sharon said…
These are wonderful. I know what you mean about knowing when to stop! Look forward to seeing some Hebrew or Chinese ones.
Mary Reed said…
Really love your artwork! Sometimes 'less' can be very profound!
So glad you stopped by my place today!
Blessings to you ~ Mary
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing art projects with us in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. It's a blessing to have you join us, and we look forwward to seeing you in future challenges.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
Janis Cox said…
Just beautiful. Your colours are stunning.
Blessings,
Janis www.janiscox.com www.janiscox.com
Karen Ives said…
These are lovely.
Karen #192
http://frayedroundtheedges.blogspot.co.uk/
mom2six said…
Dianne - I like the first painting. For some reason it made me think of a heart monitor, the lines jumping to life. Blessings to you!
vicki said…
Such a lovely painting I love the orange it's so pretty and uplifting. Just thought I would stop by and say hello :)

Vic

Handmadecardsbyvicki.blogspot.co.uk/
Gemiel said…
Such wonderful stunning paintings!!! My eye is especially drawn to the first one. I just love the color pallette and the writings in black and white. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Blessings!

Popular posts from this blog

EVER WATCHED A FLUTTERING SPARROW OR A DARTING SWALLOW?

To Try This Blog Thing Again or Not--That is the Question!

T.J. Maxx, Shopping Carts & Total Embarrassment